Javascript was detected to be disabled. Javascript is required for some functions on this website.

Scott McKenzie

Day Forty Two - Saturday 6th May, 2006

Scott McKenzie at his L.A. home
Scott McKenzie

Today we had a slow start to the day and eventually started out to LA around 10am.  We had arranged to meet our friend Scott McKenzie at his house after lunch.

We called into a Best Buy in Victorville and bought some items for our son Scott who has a birthday in just a few days time.

Then it was on to our hotel.  We had managed to get a Marriott Hotel not far from Scott's house.  Nice hotel but $16 a day to park the car is a pain.

We got to Scott's house around 2pm and for the next few hours enjoyed chatting.  For those of you who don't know Scott, he is a lovely guy who just happened to have a world wide number 1 hit song in 1967 with San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair).

We ended up going to Scott's favourite restaurant for dinner and it was a really nice day.

Day Forty Three - Sunday 7th May, 2006

Today we had breakfast with Scott, he is such an interesting person to talk to and Gary managed to get some good information for his Scott McKenzie web site.

Mid afternoon we headed back to hotel and tried to get all our stuff into the suitcases.  There always seems to be more items than you can fit into the suitcases.

A relatively early night - nice hotel this one.

Day Forty Four - Monday 8th May, 2006

Last day - late start and eventually we checked out of the hotel and returned to Scott's house.  Today Rayls got some guitar lessons from Scott and we stayed at his house till around 6pm.

In the afternoon we went out with Scott looking for a particular milk shake joint that Scott remembered.  Got into traffic, onto the I5 at one stage and got lost and returned to Scott's house with no drink.

We had a fantastic time with Scott - such a nice man with a 'different' sense of humour.  We hope to see him again on our next trip.

We lazed away the afternoon then around 6pm it was into the car and off to LAX with a detour to Alamo Car Rental to return the car.  It had been a good car, a little thirsty but a good car.

Then it was the shuttle bus to the airport where we checked into our flight - delays but not too long.  Dinner at McDonalds and then through Imigration and to the departure area.  Really weird to hear the Australian accent again.

At 23:30 our Qantas flight left for Brisbane.  We arrived there early on the morning of Wednesday 10th May.  No problems with Customs and it was onto the train to the domestic terminal and after a short delay onto our Qantas flight to Perth.

We arrived at Perth in the early afternoon - son's Ryan and Scott were there to meet us.

Great trip and now we start planning for 2008.  887 days to go!